Author Topic: whether the shape of electrodes effects transport properties of two probe system  (Read 2055 times)

Offline sweta

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Hello all,

In the ATK tutorial of molecular devices dithiol benzene (DTB) molecule contact with two gold (111) surfaces. Also in other articles like
Z.Y. Li, D. S. Kosov, J. Phys. Chem B 110 (2006) 19116-19120, thiol group attached gold (111) surface.

I want to know whether the shape of electrodes influences the transport behavior of the devices. If yes, then why (111) surfaces is always preferable than other electrode shapes????
Kindly help!!

Thanks & Regards,
Sweta

Offline kstokbro

• Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumWise
Yes, the electrodes has an effect.
I guess (111) surfaces are often used because this is the surface used in most experimental studies

Offline Umberto Martinez

• View Profile
Also, be aware that you can easily build any other kind of electrode shape or structure with the Builder :)
something like this for example (EDIT) http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.1993558
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 13:08 by Umberto Martinez »

Offline sweta

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Thanks Stokbro & Martinez :)

When I go through the link http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.1993558 It asks me for login password. I don't have the login password. May you please give me the login password of the link.

Further, Is there any paper in the literature which can help me to understand how the shape of electrodes effects the transport properties of molecular devices.

EDIT: fixed the link
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 10:04 by Umberto Martinez »

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys