Author Topic: how to build different electrode in molecular junction in 11.2.0 ATK  (Read 2686 times)

Offline deepwave

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
in 11.2.0 ATK,i build a molecular junction(Au-M-Au) in custom build block. if i want to build a different electrode such as (Au-M-Fe), how can i realize?

Offline deepwave

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
my question is too easy? why there is no answer?

Offline Nordland

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
It is just soo much more complicated in 11.2.0 compared to 12.2 which you can get on the webpage now.

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
It's also not just a matter of how to build it - you also have to ask, does it make sense. The XY unit cells of the left and right electrodes much be commensurate, so you will have to strain either the Au or the Fe to make them fit each other.

Offline deepwave

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
i have read a paper: "Controllable rectifying performance in a C60 molecular device with asymmetric electrodes" in this paper, the author build a asymmetric electrodes(the left electrode is Au(111)-(3,3); the right electrode is (5,5)nanotube.)
if the electrodes must be commensurate, does it make sense?

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
Ah, but in this case it's trivial to make them commensurate, since you can add any arbitrary amount of vacuum around the nanotube. It's when you have two crystalline electrodes (with different periodicities in X/Y) that it becomes more difficult. It's easy to make a nanotube/nanotube junction, or a metal/nanotube (or metal/molecule/nanotube) system, but metal1/molecule/metal2, that's more tricky.