Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
General Questions and Answers / Local energy in MTP calculation
« Last post by nils.holle on April 9, 2024, 17:43 »
Hello, in principle, machine-learned potentials can deliver site energies, i.e. the total energy can be written as a sum of atomic energies. Is it also possible using the TremoloX calculator to calculate energies of single atoms in a larger system? Thanks!
These are the dynamical matrix files for both cases.
I think this is complete information!

Now, the question can be addressed: why phonon dispersion is senstitive to "processes_per_displacement" paramter?
Hi,
These are relevant data of both cases ( with processes = 28 and 4).
Thank you. After doing DFT, I got closely accurate bandgap of 0.89ev.
General Questions and Answers / LDA+U in noncollinear spin
« Last post by Dongzhe on April 8, 2024, 16:53 »
Dear ATK experts,

In QuantumATK-V-2023.12, is it possible to model LDA+U with noncollinear spins?

Thanks,
Best regards,
Dongzhe (CNRS, France)
The paper you refer to is done with DFT, but your model in the script is using an extended Huckel model. That might work, sometimes, and would save a lot of time, however as your test shows, for this system the Huckel parameters do not give the correct band structure etc for B-P, thus it cannot be used.

You might try other parameters such as the Muller or Hoffmann models, and also it will be important to perform the calculations self-consistently since there will be significant charge transfer between B and P atoms (might try that with Cerda parameters too but I doubt it will work, as the two parameter sets you are trying to mix come from fits to AlP and BN).

I think your main option will be DFT in this case.
Add the dielectric region, going all the way out to the edges of the system in C (Z), before creating the device. Then when you use Device from Bulk, the regions will automatically be copied into the electrodes.
Looks like the main.ini file was corrupted, try rename it to main-backup.ini and try again. The file is in C:\Users\username\.quantumatk or .vnl for old versions.
These are for 28 processes, right? The point will be to compare with the run using 4, so please upload those too.
Here are the log files for forces and scf.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10