Author Topic: How to define ohmic contacts  (Read 5722 times)

Offline gM

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
How to define ohmic contacts
« on: May 29, 2012, 22:00 »
Hello,  I've been struggling with this for a while.  I'd like to know how to define ohmic contacts in ATK so that I could simulate IV characteristics of materials such as Si, Graphene, InP, etc.  Up until this point I've been able to simulate the IV characteristics of Gold that show clear linear ohmic characteristic.  If anyone has done this previously in ATK, would you be able to direct me to a link or article or script on how to define properly a metal (possibly gold) - semiconductor - metal (possibly gold) structure and simulate its IV characteristics.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
Re: How to define ohmic contacts
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 09:01 »
In terms of articles, there is a huge amount of references in our article database of studies performed with ATK: http://quantumwise.com/documents/ATK_Publication_List.html

Is your "semiconductor" part supposed to be a material sandwiched in between the metal, or is it more generic, so it could be gold-nanotube-gold? In both cases, there are several such studies made and you should be able to find them in the list mentioned above.

So start there, and let us know if you have more detailed questions, perhaps for a particular system.