Author Topic: shape of electrodes  (Read 2068 times)

Offline BHULLAR

• New QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
shape of electrodes
« on: March 12, 2015, 06:11 »
I need to know that how can we change the shape of electrodes to study its effect on charge transport of the so formed molecular junctions?

Offline zh

• QuantumATK Support
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: shape of electrodes
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 02:09 »
The electrode could be a bulk material, a nanowire, or a nanosheet.  For a bulk material as the electrode, you can consider the different surfaces of this bulk material to be contacted with the molecule conductor. 

Offline BHULLAR

• New QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 16:20 »
I have taken an aromatic molecule between two gold electrodes and changed the miller index of gold from 1,1,1 to all other possibilities. Is there any way that I can change the shape of electrodes. Eg: Triangular shape or hexagonal shape or any other shape which can increase the conduction of the molecular junction.

Offline zh

• QuantumATK Support
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 23:44 »
First, you can build a device configuration of a bulk metal electrode and a molecule. In this device configuration, the buffer layers (i.e., the surface layers) should be contain thicker atomic layers of the electrode.

Second, according to the desired shape you may selectively delete some of the atoms in buffer layers next to the molecule.

By this way, you can construct a specific shape of gold in contact with the  molecule conductor. 
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 23:46 by zh »

Offline BHULLAR

• New QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 14:36 »
Thanks..