Author Topic: Current segregation and whether higher T(E) guarantee higher current?  (Read 2544 times)

Offline Subhban15

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Would anyone kindly tell me how I can calculate or segregate the currents due to different the different charge carriers of different spins? (eg. how much is the current due to the up spin holes alone?) I have only the transmission spectra, and DOS of the spin polarized device.

Another question is that, as per the simulation results I see that higher T(E) is not guaranteeing higher current (eg. I increased the bias, and current increased with as the bias increased but the summation of T(E) over the entire range of energy (in which the calculation was made) or even near the fermi energy is decreasing with increment in bias).

So, if higher T(E) does not guarantee higher current then what can we comment about current when the bias is kept same but the summation of T(E) decreases or increases in different Nanoribbons?

Offline Subhban15

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Could any one please answer?

Thanks! :)

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
Higher T(E) is guaranteed to give higher current FOR THE SAME BIAS. Probably there is something else causing the lower number, but without pictures, numbers, etc there is not much we can do to answer except guess...

Offline Petr Khomyakov

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
Higher T(E) is somewhat poorly defined for a function. Is the T(E) function higher for the entire energy range?