Author Topic: Is AFM magnetization of zGNR necessary to be included for calculation  (Read 2135 times)

Offline yongjunwinwin

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
I have beening conducting calculation on zigzag graphene nanoribbon, as I have seen many papers concering the ordering of magnetizaion on the edges of zigzag GNR? I am wondering it is necessary to add AFM magnetization on the edge of the zigzag GNR in order to make the result more reliable? Then what about armchair GNR or Bilayer GNR?

Offline zh

• QuantumATK Support
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
For such physics issues of a specific case, you can follow what you have found in the literature. This is just a comment from scientific point of view.  In addition, the spin configuration of edges chosen in the study of transport properties of zigzag GNR also depends on the desired topics under study. If you study the spin-dependent transport properties, the AFM configuration of edges of zigzag GNR must be necessary. For armchair GNR or bilayer GNR, you had better first check their magnetic ground states. Since these system were well studied in literature, you can check some of previous theoretical work.