Author Topic: the degeneracy of CH4 molecular orbital  (Read 2050 times)

Offline bubble

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
the degeneracy of CH4 molecular orbital
« on: September 6, 2017, 16:24 »
Hi,
I have a question. Now I want to get the degeneracy of a molecule. Using CH4 as an example (ATK 2017 version), I calculated its molecular energy spectrum. The input py file is in the attachment. But after calculation in the log file there exits a mistake, i.e., '  'float' object has no attribute '__getitem__'.

According to the manual, the return type of degeneracy() in keyword MolecularEnergySpectrum is list of float. Whether the notation degen[0]【i】 that I used in the script is wrong? If so, however, I found the notation of 'occupation()' (the return type of which is also list of float) can give correct results in the log file. In addition, if I change the notation degen[0]【i】 to degen, the result is also correct.

Thank you for your reply.
« Last Edit: September 6, 2017, 16:36 by bubble »

Offline Ulrik G. Vej-Hansen

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: the degeneracy of CH4 molecular orbital
« Reply #1 on: September 7, 2017, 10:03 »
Hm, it seems that degen is actually just a float, not a list. I think it is a bug, I will investigate some more and get back to you.

Offline Ulrik G. Vej-Hansen

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: the degeneracy of CH4 molecular orbital
« Reply #2 on: September 7, 2017, 16:22 »
We have investigated further, and it is actually the manual page that is incorrect. The degeneracy is actually just the general spin degeneracy based on whether your calculation is unpolarized, spin-polarized or noncollinear. We will update the manual page, but it might be a few days before it is on-line.