Author Topic: How to bring up a suitable ESDP or MEP plot with color variation in Quantum ATK?  (Read 849 times)

Offline Shivam Das

• New QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Hello Everyone,
I have tried to plot the ‘Electro static difference potential’ (ESDP) of a gas molecule over a sensing surface in the Quantum ATK platform, but I was unable to adjust the below legendary color range (-29 to 4.7), and the plot is monotonic. No color variation was observed, however, it’s obvious to be so in the ESDP plot.
I have tried to change the iso-value option, but it wasn't as beneficial. Could someone kindly advise on modifying the iso-value range in the Quantum ATK platform to obtain a suitable ESDP or MEP plot with color variation?
Thanks in advance!

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
Are you coloring by value or by phase?

Offline Shivam Das

• New QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Are you coloring by value or by phase?
Thankyou for your reply Sir, we are trying to color it by value. It would be very helpful if you can suggest me how to modify the range of the color legend.

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
Well, actually an isosurface by definition only has 1 color (or 2, which is why I asked about the phase). The isosurface consists of all the points in space where the quantity you are plotting are equal to a certain value. The only way it can have "many" colors is if we then color it by a different quantity. The reason we sometimes see 2 colors is that we can pick the points by absolute value and color by sign, or phase.

If you want to see the potential variation in a plane, use cut planes instead.