Author Topic: Relative speed and accuracy of device algorithm, exchange correlation, basis set  (Read 2774 times)

Offline Anirban Basak

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Hi,

I want to know the relative speed and accuracy of device algorithm (maybe like Recursion > Direct > Krylov), exchange Correlation, basis set for ATK-DFT (device). (especially in the case of I-V characteristics of CNT with various metal contacts). Accuracy is very important.

I'd also like to know whether ATK-device calculates both ballistic transport and diffusive transport. Does not ATK calculate scattering probability from scattering potentials in diffusive transport?

Thank You

Offline zh

• QuantumATK Support
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
The available exchange-correlation functional in ATK-DFT includes the LDA and GGA.  Actually, both of them are the same level. It is difficult to give a definitized suggestion to say which one of them is much better for the problem under your study.  The job for the GGA calculation may somehow slightly heavier than that of the LDA, but usually it can be ignored.

Larger basis set, heavier job and more accurate. In other words,  for accuracy: DZP > SZP > SZ; for speed:  SZ> SZP> DZP

Only the ballistic transport can be calculated, the diffusive transport cannot be.

Offline Anirban Basak

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
What about the device algorithms? Can you make a relative comparison between Krylov, Direct and Recursion methods?

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
The difference is not dramatic, perhaps Krylov is 10% faster, but it depends on the system at hand, what dominates the time consumption. It's not a major point of performance under any circumstance.

Offline Anirban Basak

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
So. No diffusive transport? Only Ballistic Transport.  :(