Author Topic: Checkpoint handler...  (Read 2678 times)

Offline Sarvesh Agarwal

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Checkpoint handler...
« on: July 12, 2012, 13:51 »
I am running simulation on cluster machine having 20 nodes, each node is quadcore with 4 GB Ram, I am using swap of 100 GB in each..
while running log file is showing that .nc file is getting saved in /tmp, however there it is not saving actually. I have studied the manual how to change the checkpoint time and folder in which .nc files which are creating in between the simulation..bt unable to make it correctly.
Can anyone help..coz m new to quantumwise.I am getting problem with cluster as time to time m getting communication error with license server.
1. Can we restart simulation from any point or it can be restarted after certain point.

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
Re: Checkpoint handler...
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 14:09 »
Note that the checkpoint file is only saved every 30 minutes (by default). Moreover, it only saves it once it completes one step in the self-consistent cycle, even if it hits the 30 minute limit before that. Beyond that, I'm not sure what you are asking, the problem is not stated clearly enough to allow an answer.

The second question I believe is answered elsewhere on the Forum already, like here: http://quantumwise.com/forum/index.php?topic=1681.0