Author Topic: vnl crash  (Read 2814 times)

Offline alex_z

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
vnl crash
« on: February 18, 2011, 20:57 »
Dear QuantumWise support,

I have a problem with VNL. I downloaded latest ATK version 10.8.2 and installed it. Pressing almost every button on the tool bar (like Builder, Custom, Database, Scripter, Viewer) results in a crash of VNL. Surprisingly, pressing Editor, Jobs and Analyzer does not crash VNL and returns appropriate windows.

I do not know what is going on. I tried to reinstall the software several times. The result is the same. Crash after crash. I can't even build the system. Please tell me which of my log files you need to see to identify the problem and where I can find these logs on my system.

My system is: 

2.6.35.11-83.fc14.x86_64
Fedora release 14 (Laughlin)
RFRemix release 14 (Laughlin)

Thanks.

Offline Nordland

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: vnl crash
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 22:32 »
First of all which version are you using?

If you are using 10.8.2, try opening the about box before you are opening the builder.

Otherwise I would recommend you to try 11.2.b2 and see if the problem is there.

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 23:14 »
This problem is due to the use of the Mesa graphics driver instead of the corresponding driver from your graphics card vendor. We believe this issue is fixed in 11.2, and I would generally recommend you to use that for the trial anyway.

However, it is recommended to anyway install a proper vendor driver for your graphics card, as you will get better 3D (and 2D) performance then.

Offline alex_z

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 21:33 »
Thanks Nordland, It worked. If I open About box first, after that everything works fine.

Thanks Anders. This is true. I use default driver. I'm going to install the correct one.