Author Topic: transmission eigenvalue and eigenstate  (Read 3349 times)

Offline fee

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
transmission eigenvalue and eigenstate
« on: February 24, 2011, 11:17 »
hello!
I have calculated the transmission eigenvalue and eigenstate of graphene ribbons recently. To my surprise,when one result showed the eigenvalue=0, the eigenstate distributed in the whole two-probe system without obvious break; in the contrast, when one result showed the eigenvalue =0.9, the eigenstate are blocked in the interface between the central scattering region and the left electrode. So i am confused what's the relationship between transmission eigenstate and eigenvalue.
by the way, the eigenstate was shown by the VNL nanoscope, i chose isosurface plot. And in my VNL, 'the absolute isovalue' could not be ticked. Would you like to  tell how can i choose this option? Does it need some other code.
Thanks very much!

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
Re: transmission eigenvalue and eigenstate
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 11:38 »
Which version of ATK is this computed with?

Offline fee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 13:23 »
Which version of ATK is this computed with?

ATK 2008.10

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 13:26 »
We cannot really offer much support on this. One potential answer could be that you have not chosen the correct quantum numbers, but without pictures and script I cannot say anything.

We know the implementation of the transmission eigenstates was not perfect in that version of ATK, but it has since been improved and we are happy to announce that it is being re-released in ATK 11.2, which is already available in a beta-version, with final release expected in a week or so.

Offline fee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 13:53 »
We cannot really offer much support on this. One potential answer could be that you have not chosen the correct quantum numbers, but without pictures and script I cannot say anything.

We know the implementation of the transmission eigenstates was not perfect in that version of ATK, but it has since been improved and we are happy to announce that it is being re-released in ATK 11.2, which is already available in a beta-version, with final release expected in a week or so.

I followed the tutorials to calculate zgnrs, and I can show you the py file and the result in the email if you would like. But i want to know whether i can conclude the transmission eigenstate must be blocked  when the eigenvalue reduced greatly(for example, from 1.0 to 0.0).

And another question: How can i choose 'the absolute isovalue' to plot eigenstate.
Thank you very much!

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 13:56 »
If it's just from the tutorials, then I suggest you attach the script here, and also post a picture of the results.

I believe absolute isovalue is only available and relevant for real quantities, while the transmission eigenstate is complex and hence always shows as absolute (or rather, magnitude).