Author Topic: Realistic Modell?  (Read 3443 times)

Offline Ikgut

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Realistic Modell?
« on: March 14, 2011, 13:31 »
Hallo everybody,

I have build a nanodevice: Au CdSe Ti. And I simulate I-V curves at first I have only a linear function as i put symmetrize I-C curves and I have a beutifull diode characteristic. But I have some questions:

1. What Im doing with symmetrize function? Is that some kind of absoltue values or signum function
2. Is there a possobility to simulate surface traps? Maybe current-time curves?
3. Is there a possibilty to look how change a current if I iluminate that with light?
4. Can ATK read mathlab scripts?
5. At last is there a possiblity to sweep a gate for such devices? I have simulate a gate like in tutorial graphene but ists dissapear if i make a device modus? Why?

P.S. last question: How much costs to update a ATK for linux cluster-PC?

Thanks for help

Best regards

IKgut

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
Re: Realistic Modell?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 23:14 »
Nice to hear you got beautiful results :)

1. This means "let's assume the I-V curve is symmetric", so if you only computed the current for positive bias values, the plot will also include I(-V) assuming it's equal to I(V)
2. Time is not an element in these calculations, but you can simulate the static influence of traps. You just need to replace or remove some atoms in the interface.
3. Not really.
4. No. What kind of script? It wouldn't really make sense, I mean, what data do you want to pass from Matlab to ATK?
5. Not sure, can you describe in more detail what you do? It should work.

I'll answer the final question by mail ;)

Offline Nordland

• QuantumATK Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 23:26 »
3. Is there a possibilty to look how change a current if I iluminate that with light?

It depends strongly on what kind of model you want to use for the light and what experiment you want to model?
The answer whatever it is possible to give a good model for it, depends if you want to simulate a monochromatic stationary light-source
or you want a single laser wave packet.

If you give a little more information on what kind of light you want, I might be able to help you.

Offline Ikgut

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 12:03 »
to A. Blom...Thank you.....I have another short question....because I have ohmic and shotky device i shouldn´t be perfect symmetric dioden characteristc.......can ATK see the different and make a bit different I-V caracteristik ( a one side of I-V curve is a bit flater as the other..I think its not improtant because a topic of ohmic contact is not so clear in a literature..but its nice for my understanding of a programm)

to Nordland: Its a laser source with 488 nm....How change te electrical chareceristics under ilumination

Best regrards

Ikgut

Offline Nordland

• QuantumATK Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 12:18 »
to Nordland: Its a laser source with 488 nm..

Is the laser a pulse laser or continuous laser?

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 12:22 »
to A. Blom...Thank you.....I have another short question....because I have ohmic and shotky device i shouldn´t be perfect symmetric dioden characteristc.......can ATK see the different and make a bit different I-V caracteristik ( a one side of I-V curve is a bit flater as the other..I think its not improtant because a topic of ohmic contact is not so clear in a literature..but its nice for my understanding of a programm)

If you compute the transmission and current for both forward and backward bias, you should get the asymmetric curve. If there is a physical origin behind the effects you mention, and these effects are captured by the models in ATK, then you should get the desired curves.

Offline Ikgut

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 12:54 »
it´s pulsed laser