Author Topic: How to remove LM-X License Server 10.8.2 ?  (Read 8604 times)

Offline quantum

• New QuantumATK user
  • Prof. Yuri Kruglyak
    • View Profile
    • Seminar-on-Line "Nanophysics and Molecular Computers"
How to remove LM-X License Server 10.8.2 ?
« on: April 23, 2011, 10:04 »
I have two services in LM-X End-user Configuration Tool v. 3.6.2, namely: LM-X License Server 10.8.2 and simply LM-X License Server. The first one is linked to uninstalled 10.8.2 version but is opened first when I start LM-X End-user Configuration Tool. Its service status is always "stopped", of course. But it can not be removed by clicking <Remove Server> button.
In order to start 11.2.2 installed on my PC with permanent license I have first to run LM-X End-user Configuration Tool, then switch to Service name <LM-X License Server> linked to 11.2.2, then click Start Server, and afterall start ATK 11.2.2.
First question: How to remove LM-X License Server 10.8.2 linked to non-existing ATK version on my PC?
Perhaps in this case only one correct Service name <LM-X License Server> will be opened in Service status <Service is running>.
Second question: When Service name <LM-X License Server> works in Service status <Service is running>, it works only 120 seconds (waiting time). How to change this waiting time to another value, say, 600 seconds or more?

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
Re: How to remove LM-X License Server 10.8.2 ?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 22:31 »
I have the same issue on my machine, but it doesn't seem to cause any problems, actually. As long as you make a new one and it works...

But you don't have to start the license server manually every time, just let it run, i.e. don't stop it, just close the license admin dialog; the license server will keep running, and will start automatically every time you reboot Windows.

Regarding the second question, this "wait" time is not really what you think. It's the time, after a client application loses connection to the license server, after which the license is considered returned to the server (even if the application is still running). Otherwise, if you check out a license, and the application crashes without returning it, it would be lost forever. Now it's only "lost" for at most 120 seconds.

(And no, in case anyone wonders, this can not be used to cheat, to get more licenses ;) ATK stops working itself, if it loses connection to the license server, after the same time.)

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 23:26 »
The support people at X-Formation are awesome! I asked them this, and on a Monday evening around 11 pm, they almost immediately sent the following answer to our problem:

There is a file called lmxconfigtool.cfg on your disk in the Users area ("C:\Documents and Settings" on Windows XP; "C:\Users" on Vista/7). Please search for it as it's location is unique for every machine. (I found it under C:\Users\All Users\x-formation on my Win 7.)

You can either edit or delete this file to correct the listings.

Offline quantum

• New QuantumATK user
  • Prof. Yuri Kruglyak
    • View Profile
    • Seminar-on-Line "Nanophysics and Molecular Computers"
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 07:39 »
Much thanks for quick reply.
I just deleted lmxconfigtool.cfg file. ATK starts fine now.