Author Topic: Error in open quantumatk  (Read 1757 times)

Offline dmicje12

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Error in open quantumatk
« on: September 25, 2024, 15:56 »
Hello,
I am have some problem on opening quantumatk.
My linux version is Centos8 and the python version is 3.6.8
I get atk file from TSRI website
I can source the file which is /usr/cad/synopsys/CIC/qatk.cshrc
But open quantumatk , it have some error, it is like:
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""'
[root@512 synopsys]# quantumatk
/usr/cad/synopsys/qatk/cur/bin/quantumatk: /cad/synopsys/qatk/2023.12/atkpython/ bin/quantumatk: /user/cad/synopsys/qatk/2023.12/quantumatk/V-2023.12/atkpython/bin/python3.11 :bad interpreter: no such file or directory
/usr/cad/synopsys/qatk/cur/bin/quantumatk:line 66: /cad/synopsys/qatk/2023.12/atk python/bin/quantumatk:success
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""'
So,Need I upgrade the python version? , or need I delete all the atk file and install atk again?
Thanks!

Offline filipr

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Heavy QuantumATK user
  • QuantumATK developer
    • View Profile
Re: Error in open quantumatk
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2024, 17:12 »
Does the executable file /user/cad/synopsys/qatk/2023.12/quantumatk/V-2023.12/atkpython/bin/python3.11 exist? Probably not - most likely you moved the installation of QuantumATK to a different folder: you are trying to run it from the directory /usr/cad/synopsys/qatk/cur (notice even how it's /usr/.. and not /user/...).

You can't move a QuantumATK installation as the launcher scripts (quantumatk and atkpython) hardcode the path to the shipped python executable. So if you moved the QuantumATK installation, either move it back, or delete it and reinstall.

So,Need I upgrade the python version?

No, QuantumATK is self-contained: it doesn't require any (much) installed software and certainly doesn't depend on other Python installations on the system. It ships its own custom Python interpreter and you can use both side by side without problems (as long as you are careful). For more info see: https://docs.quantumatk.com/manual/Python.html#command-line-usage-with-qatk-shell-environments

Offline dmicje12

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Re: Error in open quantumatk
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2024, 10:14 »
Thanks!
TSRI give me wrong file .
After I try symbolic link /uesr and /usr , I can open quantumatk!
Thanks again!