Author Topic: Where does the Search Box of docs.quantumwise.com go?  (Read 4667 times)

Offline berlin

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Where does the Search Box of docs.quantumwise.com go?
« on: January 10, 2017, 14:26 »
I usually use the Search Box of "docs.quantumwise.com" to quickly find the information which I want to read. 
However, this  Search Box is only available several months ago.   It is hard for me to imagine why you delete this Search Box.

Offline Jess Wellendorff

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Where does the Search Box of docs.quantumwise.com go?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 14:32 »
The search box is still there (see attached PNG). Perhaps it is a browser issue. Which browser and operating system are you using?

Offline berlin

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 16:45 »
Windows 7 64bit.
I tried the Chrome (50.0.2661.102 m)   and IE (11)  .    And non of them can see the search box.

My DNS is given the IP of docs.quantumwise.com as 162.144.252.113,    does it correct?

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 17:03 »
I'm on Chrome 55.0.2883.87 m and Firefox 50.1.0 on Windows 10 and it shows fine, as in the screenshot.
The IP is correct, not sure what that matters though...
What might matter more, is perhaps some security settings, esp. in IE. The code to display the search box is javascript from a different domain (Google...) so if you're settings are blocking 3rd party scripts, perhaps that is why...

Offline berlin

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 23:05 »
I have got the reason of it.

As you said, you are using the some script from Google.  However, I am in the most fantastic country, china, where the IP of Google is unreachable.
After use a VPN to make IP of Google be reachable, I can see the Search Box in all browsers in my computer.

You can check on this with FermiTeck.

However, if we can still make the  javascript from Google available without connecting to the  IP of Google. That may be wonderful. Just a wish. :'(

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 23:15 »
Thank you for the reply, interesting to know. I guess we didn't consider this "problem"... we will check if it's possible to host the javascript locally. However, one should note that we use Google Search Console (GSC) in order to have a great search engine, simply - the one built into Sphinx that we used before is much worse (for instance, one could not search for "spin-orbit" as the "-" was considered a special character, and "spin orbit" doesn't match...).