Author Topic: Error ---:Path not found  (Read 3151 times)

Offline dhurba

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Error ---:Path not found
« on: December 31, 2011, 10:23 »
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| NanoLanguageScript execution started                                         |
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|                                                                              |
| Atomistix ToolKit 11.8.0 [Build 308f600]                                     |
|                                                                              |
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/tmp/4850306596851799.py", line 8, in <module>
    configurations = nlread(scf_filename, DeviceConfiguration)  
  File "./zipdir/NL/IO/NLSaveUtilities.py", line 219, in nlread
NL.ComputerScienceUtilities.Exceptions.NLValueError: The filename, IV_CURVE_and_voltagedrop.nc, was not found - please check correct path and name.
| NanoLanguageScript execution finished                                        |

I am getting the above error repeatedly even if i do it as shown in the tutorial.

http://quantumwise.com/publications/tutorials/mini-tutorials/98-i-v-curve-and-voltage-drop
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 10:30 by dhurba »

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
Re: Error ---:Path not found
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 15:33 »
In the script which you drop on the Job Manager, make sure to specify the FULL path (not just the filename) of the NC file.

Offline dhurba

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 15:48 »
In the script which you drop on the Job Manager, make sure to specify the FULL path (not just the filename) of the NC file.

But sir in the following script in the tutorial , its the scf file name only there is no path

01.# Define input and output NetCDF files here
02.scf_filename = "lih2li_iv_scf.nc"
03.analysis_filename = "lih2li_iv_analysis.nc"

i have put both generated .nc file and the downloaded script in the same folder ..
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 15:52 by dhurba »

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 16:25 »
Right - I know it can be a little bit confusing. Here's how it works: when you run scripts via the Job Manager, the "atkpython" process is launched in the same directory as where you started VNL. If your NC files are in this directory, then - and only then - it does work to only give the filenames, without path. So, it's not enough to have the files in the same directory, it must also be the VNL start directory. This is the case if you follow the tutorial 100% exactly, because the NC files are saved without path, hence they go into the startup directory.

It may of course also be the case that you simply misspelled the NC file name; note that on Linux the filenames are case sensitive.

Offline dhurba

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 16:40 »
Thanks i will do again :)

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
« Reply #5 on: January 9, 2012, 00:45 »
I just found a small bug in this tutorial, should have been fixed now. See http://quantumwise.com/forum/index.php?topic=1408.0