Author Topic: combined plot functionality  (Read 3804 times)

Offline esp

• Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • University of Minnesota
combined plot functionality
« on: February 21, 2012, 07:02 »
would like to see a feature (and atkpython function call) which would allow you to put together device structure, ldos, transmission, IV curves, and other things into a nice combined plot, or maybe PDF report output ..

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
Re: combined plot functionality
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 08:43 »
ATK 12.8 will open up for "customized plotting" in a very flexible manner, so it would be interesting to see your ideas in more detail for how such a plot could look.

Offline esp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 08:47 »
well i am a big fan of automation, so i am scripting pretty heavily to run through different doping types, device structures, etc ... at a glance, i need to be able to view the results and discard invalid options, etc ... i mean designing the perfect device from scratch is great, but we have the power of python, so why not use it? ... this way i can use machine power, with human analysis, to get a good result ! .. that's the idea anyway ... combned plots would help this process

Offline esp

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 08:49 »
in addition, it would be nice to have the ability to combine into an animation, maybe animated gif ... this way, you could view the results as they change over a variable of interest ... for example ...

consider defects ... suppose you introduce defects from a low level to a high level ... with so many curves and plots you couldnt combine them that easily, but with an animation you could see this change as the defect level increases .. would be cool (and informative) ... i am going to use some research results in teaching, for example, and this would be great for students to see