Author Topic: Error  (Read 6252 times)

Offline ams_nanolab

• Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
Error
« on: December 5, 2012, 14:54 »
I recently installed ATK 12.8 on RHEL server.
I am getting the following error (screenshot attached)......

what is wrong?

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
Re: Error
« Reply #1 on: December 5, 2012, 16:23 »
Do you have a floating license server installed? Is it running LM-X 4.4? It must be - the older version 3.6 doesn't work with ATK 12.8. The new server works with old ATK too, however, so it's a simple upgrade. The new license server binaries can be downloaded from http://quantumwise.com/products/download#lic.

Offline ams_nanolab

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 6, 2012, 13:31 »
Does this mean I have to update the LM-X in the server that stores the license files and not on the system that's running ATK?

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
« Reply #3 on: December 6, 2012, 16:38 »
I'm not sure why you would have any LM-X installed on the client machines running ATK, but the important one is that which hosts the license file, yes.

Offline rahulagarwal3012

• New QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 8, 2012, 13:24 »
i have recently install LM-X on my license server
but when i give this commend in terminal 
# lmx-serv -l license.lic
I am getting the following error-

lmx-serv: error while loading shared libraries: liblmxvendor.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

so i go to "lmxtools-4.4.2/servertools/" directory and give commend 
#./lmx-serv -l license.lic

now it is running properly

1st problem: if i close terminal  license server stop to give license to client. now i need to reboot server and do the same.

2nd problem is: i want to run license server automatically after boot.how can i do it?

suggest me appropriate stapes

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
« Reply #5 on: December 8, 2012, 19:47 »
Thanks for alerting us about this issue. In LM-X 4.4, an external dependency has been introduced which means it is not sufficient to have the directory of "lmx-serv" in your path (which the installer does for you), but you must also either - as you did - run the command in that directory, or add it to LD_LIBRARY_PATH in your bashrc.

We will take appropriate action, but for now the easy fix is to just run the command as you did.

As for the second issue, there is a start-up script "lmx-serv-run.sh" provided in the license directory, but I suspect it may suffer from the same path issue as you described. Thus it may need some editing for paths, but if you are familiar with startup scripts, then you can copy this script to /etc/init.d and then add a link (starting with S of course) to it in /etc/rc5.d (these exact things may be distro-dependent).

In my own personal view, the license server should be running on a machine that is only very rarely restarted, so perhaps it's not a major thing to start it manually the few times it is rebooted :) It may be less work in the end.