Author Topic: GLXBadContext Builder Error  (Read 3419 times)

Offline olaf

• New QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
GLXBadContext Builder Error
« on: March 12, 2013, 21:19 »
Hi all,

There are previous posts on this topic, but the advice they give doesn't seem to apply to this particular flavor of the error message (at any rate, I didn't have any luck with them).  I'm attempting to run the VNL 12.8.2 trial on Ubuntu 12.10.  The system is a 64-bit Dell Latitude E6510 with Intel HD 3000 graphics.  VNL loads with no trouble and launches the builder, but whenever I try to take any action in the builder (such as adding a new configuration), the whole program crashes, leaving the following crash_log:

X Error: GLXBadContext 172
  Extension:    154 (Uknown extension)
  Minor opcode: 6 (Unknown request)
  Resource id:  0x42010f6
[xcb] Unknown sequence number while processing queue
[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
vnl_exec: ../../src/xcb_io.c:273: poll_for_event: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_threads_sequence_lost' failed.

My libGL.so is from mesa, which I know is a generic openGL driver, but given the Intel HD graphics, I'm not sure I have any other choice.  VNL --> About does show the source of my video driver to be "Intel Open Source Technology Center".  Has anyone had a similar issue, or could anyone help me out with this?  I'm totally stuck, and the Builder is unfortunately the primary functionality of interest.

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
Re: GLXBadContext Builder Error
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 21:43 »
First of all, thanks for your well formulated question - it makes it so much easier to answer when all details are provided! :)

Also built-in graphics cards have vendor drivers. I searched Google for "intel hd 3000 linux driver" and the first hit leads to Intel's download center, where it seems you can obtain Linux drivers for your card. I hope you will have better success with the Builder after installing that driver, because I'm pretty sure the reason for the problem is indeed the MESA driver.

Offline olaf

• New QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 17:46 »
Hi Anders,

Thanks for your reply!  I appreciate your prompt response.  I have updated my Intel graphics drivers to the latest version, and although this does give me a new version of libGL.so to use, I still run into the same error.  I did remember to update my link (i.e. /usr/lib/libGL.so is now linked to the newest version), but I get the same crash.  I did notice that the error seems to be related to multi-threading - is there a way to start VNL as a single-threaded process, and could this help the issue?  Do you (or other readers) know of other possible causes of this problem? In case it is useful, I have posted my "about" window.  Regardless, thanks again for your help.

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 23:35 »
Ok, we'll look into it. Sorry for the bad experience, perhaps there is a Windows machine you can try on while we work on a possible fix... :)

Offline olaf

• New QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 17:37 »
Thanks again for your help.  In the meantime, I will try it on my Windows partition   :)

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
« Reply #5 on: August 5, 2013, 10:16 »
This issue has been solved in ATK 13.8.