Author Topic: Transmission spectrum and conductance  (Read 5599 times)

Offline PJ

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Transmission spectrum and conductance
« on: June 20, 2013, 07:08 »
Hi, I have calculated the Transmission spectrum for Graphene nanoribbon, and also calculated its conductance from analyzer.  I would like to know, what is the relation between conductance and transmission spectrum.
Also I would like to know I have calculated the transmission spectrum without the application of voltage and current. So, how is it possible that I get T(E) V/S E(eV) plot without the application of voltage and current.

Please revert.

Offline zh

• QuantumATK Support
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Transmission spectrum and conductance
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 07:18 »
Please refer to the manual:
http://quantumwise.com/documents/manuals/latest/ReferenceManual/index.html/ref.transmissionspectrum.html
http://quantumwise.com/forum/index.php?topic=1671.0

Yes, you can get the T(E)~ E(eV) for the device system at the zero bias voltage.

Offline PJ

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 11:01 »
 A very thanks for your reply sir. But I am sorry to say that I have still not understood that without applying any bias, how can an electron move from one part of the ribbon to another. For that we should apply some voltage, isn't it?
Also, when we do not apply apply, as in my case, i.e. to find the transmission spectrum of a GNR without the application of any voltage/current, do we call it a ZERO BIAS CONDITION, because in my opinion zero bias is a case when we apply 0 voltage, and in this case we are not applying any voltage.

Please reply.

Offline zh

• QuantumATK Support
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 04:04 »
A very thanks for your reply sir. But I am sorry to say that I have still not understood that without applying any bias, how can an electron move from one part of the ribbon to another. For that we should apply some voltage, isn't it?
Also, when we do not apply apply, as in my case, i.e. to find the transmission spectrum of a GNR without the application of any voltage/current, do we call it a ZERO BIAS CONDITION, because in my opinion zero bias is a case when we apply 0 voltage, and in this case we are not applying any voltage.

Please reply.

For the first question, please refer to a textbook of quantum mechanics.  Even without applying bias voltage, the electrons have possibility to transfer from the left electrode to the right electrode, however there is no current. 

Yes, you can term it as "zero bias conductance", it is an intrinsic property.