QuantumATK > Scripts, Tutorials and Applications

how to view electron density with isosurface option

(1/2) > >>

premkumar85:
i am calculating the electron density of gold two probe system . when i drag this vnl file to Nanoscope I couldn't able to view the electron density with isosurface option. i have exported that picture for your attention.

zh:
Did you place the returned object of "calculateElectronDensity()" into your vnl file?  Please take a look at the example shown in the manual:
http://www.quantumwise.com/documents/manuals/ATK-2008.10/ref.calculateelectrondensity.html
If yes, do the following things. When your calculation of electron density is normally finished, you can load the saved ".vnl" file by the "Result Browser" and then some information in the panel of "Result Browser" will show the electron density is available. To visualize it, you need to drop the "Sample" on the "Nanoscope".  Then, right click the panel of "Nanoscope" and choose ""Insert Plot"----> "Isosurface" in the pop-out menu.

Nordland:
Two things:

1) First of all I think that your system has converged to zero charge, and hence you are looking at the density from zero electrons. If this is the case,
then you need to make sure that the system converge to a physical stable state.

2) Alternative the isovalue for the electron density is set to a value where there is no density. Try using the slider in the properties window to see if there is any density at all in the system

Anders Blom:
I don't think it has converged to zero density since the colorbar indicates finite charge. Most likely you have just chosen a very high, or very low, isovalue.

You can use a contour plane plot to get an idea of the magnitude of the charge. Use plane normal [001] and make sure to place the plane in the middle of the cell in XY to catch the central region atoms.

premkumar85:
i used contour plot for electron density calculation. it shows the election density around the atoms but why doesn't it get reflected in isosurface plot?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version