General > Future Releases

2015.rc2 job manager

(1/2) > >>

ams_nanolab:
How to see the log file as the calculation is running in the job manager for the 2015.rc2 ? The job manager interface seems rather complicated and it's really annoying being unable to see the log by default as a job is launched. Please correct the issue, as an advanced user it is always reassuring to see the calculation progressing real time.

Anders Blom:
Agree something is not working 100% - looking into it.
To see the log update more or less in real time (note that we are not in control of when the file is flushed, that's up the operating system!) you should start the task "Read log". But I agree this should not be necessary for local jobs, it should start automatically.

ams_nanolab:
Could you give option to change the default Job manager. I saw the old job manager to be available after installing the add-on but, I think for local users, we should have an option to choose the job manager we want, since not all are keen on saving python file. Also the new job manager automatically sets names etc. I think there should definitely be an option to uninstall the new job manager and revert back to the old one (for local users at least).

Jess Wellendorff:
I doubt that supporting several different versions of the Job Manager will be feasible. There is a very good reason why we chose to change the "old" Job Manager: We wanted to create a better one. This is what we are working on.

ams_nanolab:
Unfortunately it's not changed for the better (I have been a long time user of ATK). Please make some improvements before the final release.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version