Author Topic: Need guidance with ATK installation for parallel computing  (Read 3543 times)

Offline madguitar

• New QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
We are running ATK on Red Hat 5.

We have the necessary license from quantumwise to run this on parallel nodes. But we need some guidance.

I found this tutorial on the website https://www.quantumwise.com/publications/tutorials/item/509-mpi-setup-for-running-atk-in-parallel-on-a-simple-cluster

I understand that we have to first download and install MP and then configure SSH to have a password-less access and finally set it up to work with ATK parallely.

Pre-installation set up :

But before we do this, do we need to set up the network in some specific way ? Like Client Server kind of set up ?

Do we need to install some other cluster software (https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/Cluster_Suite_Overview/s1-rhcs-intro-CSO.html) ?

Configuring the cluster :

In the tutorial, it says that we have to create the machinefile in the home directory. Do I have to do this in all nodes or just one main server ? Do I need to install ATK on all nodes or just the main node ?

You can probably understand that this is new to us and we need guidance from you guys

Offline Jess Wellendorff

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Need guidance with ATK installation for parallel computing
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 09:18 »
I see that you also sent this question to support@quantumwise.com. We will handle the support from there.

Offline madguitar

• New QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 09:21 »
Hi Jess,

Sorry to post it here as well. Needed some quick guidance and I found the forum after I sent you guys the email.

Offline Jess Wellendorff

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 09:26 »
No problem!