Author Topic: How to simulate FET's metal-semiconductor contact's Schottky barrier  (Read 3679 times)

Offline 395235863

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Dear QuantumWise Staff :
  1.How to use a doping concentration range in device's electrode to simulate the experimental FET metal-semiconductor Schottky barrier ?How to choose the value of doping concentration?
  2.When i calculate device's Vgate-current curve, how do the dielectric thickness affect the current?Generally,in device simulation,should dielectric thickness be bigger than a critical value?

Thank you in advance.

Offline Umberto Martinez

• Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
For both questions the answer is to test your set up according to your assumptions.
Here is a relevant tutorial: http://quantumwise.com/documents/tutorials/latest/InAsDevice/index.html/

Offline 395235863

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
I have read the tutorial in detail before I post the question.
  2.When i calculate device's Vgate-current curve, how do the dielectric thickness affect the current?Generally,in device simulation,should dielectric thickness be bigger than a critical value?
The second question I can test my set up.But how to deal with the first question?When i choose different value of doping concentration,what should i calculate to compare with metal-semiconductor?For example,can i get p-i junction's barrier as well as Schottky barrier?Like the attached png,what region's gap is the same to contact's barrier?

Offline 395235863

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
need your help Thank you!

Offline Jess Wellendorff

• QuantumATK Staff
    • View Profile
I don't understand this question. Are you in doubt about the value of a suitable doping concentration, or is the question about how to use a specific doping in ATK?

Offline 395235863

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
I don't understand this question. Are you in doubt about the value of a suitable doping concentration, or is the question about how to use a specific doping in ATK?
I want to know how to choose  a suitable doping concentration.

Offline Jess Wellendorff

• QuantumATK Staff
    • View Profile
If you want to compare theoretical results to experimental results for some specific FET I guess you need to consult the literature to figure out what the expected doping level is. There really is no general answer to such question.

Offline ams_nanolab

• View Profile
You might find this link useful http://arxiv.org/pdf/1512.03534v2.pdf