Author Topic: NEB path  (Read 2713 times)

Offline baizq

• QuantumATK Guru
    • View Profile
NEB path
« on: January 28, 2016, 18:41 »
Dear all,

I would like to set up an NEB path between two geometries (in both geometries there is a MgO slab with one oxygen vacancy inside. A carbon atom is diffusing from the surface (initial) into the vacancy in the slab (final)). However, when I put the two geometries into the VNL NEB builder, it complains "invalid". I have tried both relaxed and unrelaxed pairs.

Could anyone suggest me what happens here and how to solve the problem? I have attached the relaxed geometries for your reference.

Thanks in advance!
baizq

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
Re: NEB path
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 00:24 »
The problem is that your carbon atom has different index in the two configurations. Delete it from both initial and final (remember the coordinates!) and then add it again, so it's last in both configs.

I have added two "fixed" configs.

Offline baizq

• QuantumATK Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 01:15 »
Thank you, Anders. Yes, the script you attached works for setting up the NEB run. However, when the job runs, it complaints the following strange error:

Assertion failed in file src/mpid/ch3/channels/nemesis/netmod/tcp/socksm.c at line 591: hdr.pkt_type == MPIDI_NEM_TCP_SOCKSM_PKT_ID_INFO || hdr.pkt_type == MPIDI_NEM_TCP_SOCKSM_PKT_TMPVC_INFO
internal ABORT - process 0

I am wondering what it is... I have attached the log file and input file for your reference.

Thanks,
baizq

Offline Umberto Martinez

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 11:49 »
can  you check the individual log files neb_image.0, neb_image.1, ....
It can be that one of the parallel taks failed, perhaps because of a license issue.

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 15:33 »
It's either a hardware error or perhaps as Umberto wrote a license error on one of the slave processes. Once a slave terminates, the master will terminate the entire job and it typically looks like these error messages.