Author Topic: How to plot Potential energy vs Distance in transport direction plot  (Read 7539 times)

Offline ph

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Dear Sir,

To plot Energy Band (gap)profile vs Distance along  PN junction(in transport direction) is there any option in VNL?. Or any useful script?. Similarly  for LDOS vs Distance.Kindly help.

Kind Regards
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 16:18 by ph »

Offline zh

• QuantumATK Support
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
No such option in vnl and script file. It is easy to write a short code of script to achieve it for your specific system. It is just a loop of distance for the calculation of energy band or LDOS.

Offline ph

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Thanks a lot for kind response.

Offline Sukhbir

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Can you please share the script file to plot potential energy vs distance plot

Offline Jess Wellendorff

• QuantumATK Staff
    • View Profile
I think the simplest way to perform a tightly sampled ProjectedLocalDensityOfStates and then extract the DOS along the device transport direction, and from there calculate the energy gap. I have uploaded a script that does this. Bear in mind that the PLDSO must be quite accurate (I used 501 energy points in the energy window where I expect the gap to be located). Also, a tolerance for "small energies" must be supplied, in order to determine if an energy should be considered inside or outside of the band gap.

Hope this is useful.

Offline Sukhbir

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Thanks for your kind reply,

But still I am confused about How to extract the DOS along the device transport direction

Offline Jess Wellendorff

• QuantumATK Staff
    • View Profile
That's what you need the PLDOS analysis for. It computes the DOS along the transport direction (and you can plot it). The script for extracting and plotting the band gap simply extracts from the PLDOS the local DOS in a number of points along the C-direction.