Author Topic: error when install 2017: tk wasn't installed properly  (Read 4071 times)

Offline Max

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Hi,

A error comes out when I install VNL-2017 on win7, see the attached figure.
I have noticed there are several posts on the issue of "tk.tcl", and tried the solustions, e.g. BAT file method on https://quantumwise.com/forum/index.php?topic=2238.msg10504#msg10504
But the problem still exists. How can I solve it?

Thanks!

Offline Ulrik G. Vej-Hansen

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: error when install 2017: tk wasn't installed properly
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 10:56 »
I think there is a (repeated) typo in the .bat file example - you should probably include the H in PYTHON.

If that does not help, please post the output from:

echo %PYTHONPATH%

and:

echo %PYTHONHOME%

Offline Max

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 16:13 »
The error remains.

Here are the outputs
====================================
C:\>echo %PYTHONPATH%
%PYTHONPATH%

C:\>echo %PYTHONHOME%
%PYTHONHOME%

C:\>set PYTHONHOME
Environment Variable PYTHONHOME not defined

C:\>set PYTHONPATH
Environment Variable PYTHONPATH not defined

Here is the bat file:
====================================
@echo off
set PYTHONPATH=
set PYTHONHOME=
cd E:\soft\atk\2017\
VNL-ATK-2017.0-Windows64.exe

When I copy the folder of tk8.5 from 2016.3's installed files to E:\soft\atk\lib, the error changed, see the picture

I think if I get the right version of tk8.5.15 and put it in E:\soft\atk\lib, the problem will be solved.

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 22:52 »
The BAT file solution is irrelevant, it applied (maybe) to ATK 12.8, that's a long  time ago and not relevant to ATK 2017.
Also, do not attempt to put any code of your own into the ATK installation, that will only make things worse.

Your problem is probably related to that strange "ib:/lib..." - you need to figure out where it comes from. Check you environment variables, seems there might be a typo in them. Look for the same string in the output of "set"

Offline Max

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 12:08 »
It is quite strange. Till now, I can not find out what is wrong. However, the installation of 2016.3 version is quite good.

Here is all my path

C:\>set path
Path=C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\system32\wbem;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuantumWise\LMXTools v4.7.5 for VNL-ATK 2015.1\servertools;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\CTEX\MiKTeX\miktex/bin\;C:\Program Files (x86)\CTEX\UserData\miktex\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\CTEX\MiKTeX\miktex\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\CTEX\CTeX\ctex\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\CTEX\CTeX\cct\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\CTEX\CTeX\ty\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\CTEX\Ghostscript\gs9.05\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\CTEX\GSview\gsview;C:\Program Files (x86)\CTEX\WinEdt;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC

Offline Max

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 14:52 »
Good news!
The installation is successful. But I do not know why, as too many settings I have tried and changed.

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 15:46 »
You show output of "set path", but I asked for output of "set". There are probably some TK variables set, or LIB variables. But hey, if you solved the problem, great! Maybe just some random problem...