Author Topic: unknown warning in IV curve  (Read 1727 times)

Offline rose

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
unknown warning in IV curve
« on: July 25, 2017, 16:20 »
Hi everyone,
I am calculating transport properties and I got a warning as follow:

IV-Curve Calculation
The current will be calculated at 10 points between 0.000 to 2.000 V
Note: the Current has already been calculated at 0.000 V
Each bias point will be calculated using 1/1 MPI process.
Bias Point   Process group  Log File
0.200                               0          E:/SavedVNL/... <==  WARNING : Truncated content
0.400                               0          E:/SavedVNL/... <==  WARNING : Truncated content
2.000                               0          E:/SavedVNL/... <==  WARNING : Truncated content

and then the system is frozen at these points but the ram show the working but nothing type.
What does it mean?
Thanks
Rose

Offline Jess Wellendorff

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: unknown warning in IV curve
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 10:08 »
The warning tells you that the line has been truncated because is exceeded 80 characters. The log for each bias point goes to a separate file (unless you disabled this), and it appears that the log file names are quite long. You should be able to see those log files i your project folder. Nothing will be printed in the main log until the first bias point calculation is finished, but you should be able to follow the progress in the individual bias logs. If the calculation seems to hang, you should use MPI parallelization to speed it up. You currently use 1 process only, so each bias point calculation is done in serial, one after the other.