Author Topic: About Freestanding graphene  (Read 2160 times)

Offline abhishek77492652

• QuantumATK Guru
    • View Profile
About Freestanding graphene
« on: January 4, 2018, 19:36 »
By looking at Fig. 1 in paper https://doi.org/10.1007/s10948-015-3223-2, I get the impression that the graphene is a free-standing, totally unsupported monolayer surrounded by empty space. Is this energetically stable? Is this experimentally reproducible? Typically, two-dimensional materials such as graphene are deposited on a substrate that matches their atomic parameters. Epitaxial stress plays an important role in the behaviour of the material. Please comment.

Offline Petr Khomyakov

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: About Freestanding graphene
« Reply #1 on: January 4, 2018, 21:53 »
There are no short answers to your questions. However, I suppose there is a plenty of literature (short papers, regular papers and long reviews) on free-standing and supported graphene and graphene-based systems addressing these issues, since the graphene related research has been actively going on for more than 14 years by now. Please do the literature search in google scholar and web of science. 

Offline abhishek77492652

• QuantumATK Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 5, 2018, 12:07 »
Actually i have done transport study on MoS2 monolayer which is free standing in between two electrodes and send my paper to a journal . But reviewer is asking about the stability (energetically stability) of free standing MoS2 monolayer . Please provide me some technical answer about this.

Offline Petr Khomyakov

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 6, 2018, 12:58 »
This is your responsibility to write a reply to referees. Please do the literature search on this issue.