Author Topic: How to create zrs2 nanotube  (Read 2310 times)

Offline Malek

• New QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
How to create zrs2 nanotube
« on: July 4, 2018, 16:31 »
Hello,

I have been trying to create a zrs2 nanotube and ofcourse  I followed this tutorial steps http://docs.quantumwise.com/tutorials/mos2_cnt.html?highlight=wrapper
when I try the same steps with anatase cell and apply the tube wrapper tool, instead of having a circle, I have something twisted, forming a spiral, and the bonds are destroyed. And even have this problem whit mos2 please help me about it
Regard

Offline Petr Khomyakov

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: How to create zrs2 nanotube
« Reply #1 on: July 6, 2018, 11:09 »
When saying that you are having this problem with MoS2, do you mean that you are unable to reproduce the tutorial result for the MoS2 example?

Offline Malek

• New QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 9, 2018, 20:32 »
Dear sir
I solve that problem and now , i can simulate it but:
1-when use lattice paramiter that com in article for zrs2, it seams my result is not true, i attach it as bad-zrs2, please see
2-but when double lattice paramiter ( 3.663,  11.654) ، and atomic possition is     Zr= 1/3 2/3   1/4 , S= 2/3   1/3    0.121  ,  S=2/3   1/3    0.379   , the problem that i say in up, is not exist, the result is attached below,
- what is the reason at 1 row?
- is the action method in 2 row true?
Thanks a lot

Offline Ulrik G. Vej-Hansen

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 2, 2018, 15:19 »
It is impossible to say from pictures alone whether a structure is physical or not - if you do not have a literature reference to compare to, you will need to do calculations to determine if the structure is (meta)stable.