Author Topic: Calculation of decomposed charge densities corresponding to the VBM and CBM  (Read 2828 times)

Offline Tufan

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
How to calculate the decomposed charge densities corresponding to the VBM and CBM in QuantumWise as shown by
D. Cakir, C. Sevik, and F. M. Peeters, Phys. Rev. B 92, 165406 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevB.92.165406

The plot shown by Cakir et. al. is attached. Kindly help.

Offline Petr Khomyakov

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
Please provide a description of how you define "the decomposed charge densities corresponding to the VBM and CBM".

Offline Tufan

• View Profile
Actually I want to calculate charge density corresponding to VBM and CBM as shown by Cakir et.al. I want to analyse the HOMO and LUMO states.

Offline Tufan

• View Profile
I would like to know how to get the quantum number of Conduction band minima and valance band maxima.

Offline Petr Khomyakov

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
You have to compute the band structure, and then select the band of interest in the Band Structure Analyzer to see the  number of the selected band. It appears in a little window that pops up near the mouse pointer pointed at that particular, selected band at some k-point in the band structure plot.

Another option is to click on 'Effective Mass' in the  Band Structure Analyzer, and click on the band of interest at the k-point of interest. The band index then appears in the Effective Mass widget.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 10:34 by Petr Khomyakov »