Author Topic: seeking for help on the explanation of EDP plot  (Read 2432 times)

Offline lknife_ATK

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
seeking for help on the explanation of EDP plot
« on: December 16, 2019, 03:24 »
Dear experts,

I got a device based on a sandwiched structure and calculated its EDP plot. The result seems strange: a very sharp jump back to the potential of the left electrode at the end of the device. Please see the attached figure and the associated .py file. Also, I attached the EDP plot of a MTJ device which was gotten from tutorial: "Spin transport in magnetic tunnel junctions". In my opinion, the latter EDP plot of the MTJ should be a normal one, while there might be some problem with my device configuration.

Can anyone here help me with this issue? Thanks a lot for your kind help!

Best regards,
lknife_ATK

Offline lknife_ATK

• View Profile
Re: seeking for help on the explanation of EDP plot
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 03:36 »
Attached are the device configuration: I optimized it using the study object: OptimizeDeviceConfiguration.
It can be seen that the sharp jump of the EDP plot occurs at the right end of the device. I increased the doping level of the middle semiconducting part up to 1e20, and increased the length of the right electrode extension, however, there is almost no influence on the EDP plot.

One of the reasons for the strange EDP plot might be that: the electrodes used here is not conductive metal but a semimetal with less conductivity.

Offline Petr Khomyakov

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 11:44 »
In the script, you have posted the structure seems to be not doped. So, could you post your script where this structure was doped as you have described above. Also, which version of QuantumATK are you using?

Offline lknife_ATK

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 14:14 »
Dear Petr Khomyakov,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Attached are the .py files with doping, n-doping and p-doping.
Strangely, the EDP plots obtained are almost the same, with no influence of the doping type and doping level.

BTW, I am using ATK2019.03.

Best regards,
lknife_ATK