Author Topic: Mismatch of bandstructure and density of states  (Read 2464 times)

Offline Monika srivastava

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Mismatch of bandstructure and density of states
« on: May 21, 2020, 16:42 »
Dear Sir
I have computed the band structure and dos for gas adsorbed cu ion  decorated n doped graphene but it does not matches although i have varied my k points (increased) but it did not matches the band gap obtained in dos is smaller then the band gap obtained from band structure.

Thank you in advance

Offline Tue Gunst

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Re: Mismatch of bandstructure and density of states
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 09:01 »
Hi, If you increase the k-point sampling (in the 2D periodic directions) they will correspond to each other.
You can try to compare the DOS spectra obtained with either gaussians or the tetrahedron methods as described in the example in the reference manual:
https://docs.quantumatk.com/manual/Types/DensityOfStates/DensityOfStates.html

Alternatively it could be that your k-point route used in the bandstructure does not contain the point where the minimal gap is located. The DOS integrate over all k-points in the Brillouin zone.

Offline Monika srivastava

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 15:12 »
Thank you sir for your valuable reply but,

I have tried guassian but still it is mismatched.

so "Alternatively it could be that your k-point route used in the bandstructure does not contain the point where the minimal gap is located" for this what should i do. 

Offline Petr Khomyakov

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 14:26 »
Regarding computing DOS for graphene see Appendix in Phys. Rev. B 87, 075414 – Published 7 February 2013. As Tue suggested also try increasing the number of k-points significantly. Did you also use tetrahedron method with significantly increased k-point density? It would also be helpful to see your script.