Author Topic: Getting error message while converting from bulk to device  (Read 2791 times)

Offline mashru

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Hi,
I am trying to convert a monolayer black phosporus double gate structure by using device from bulk option. But after trying to convert the structure a error message appears which is as below. Please help me about this problem . I am using QuantumATK 2019.12 SP-1. I also attached the py file of the structure

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "zipdir\NL\GUI\Plugin\PanelBar\PanelView.py", line 256, in itemClicked
  File "zipdir\NL\GUI\Tools\Builder\PanelBar.py", line 52, in widget
  File "C:\Program Files\QuantumATK\QuantumATK-Q-2019.12-SP1\Lib\site-packages\AddOns\DevicePackage\CreateDeviceFromBulkPlugin.py", line 55, in widget
    self._widget = CreateDeviceFromBulkWidget(configuration, stash=self.stash(), device_type=DeviceConfiguration)
  File "C:\Program Files\QuantumATK\QuantumATK-Q-2019.12-SP1\Lib\site-packages\AddOns\DevicePackage\CreateDeviceFromBulkWidget.py", line 60, in __init__
    self._control = CreateDeviceFromBulkControlWidget(bulk_configuration, device_type)
  File "C:\Program Files\QuantumATK\QuantumATK-Q-2019.12-SP1\Lib\site-packages\AddOns\DevicePackage\CreateDeviceFromBulkWidget.py", line 150, in __init__
    self.setCentralRegion(bulk_configuration)
  File "C:\Program Files\QuantumATK\QuantumATK-Q-2019.12-SP1\Lib\site-packages\AddOns\DevicePackage\CreateDeviceFromBulkWidget.py", line 248, in setCentralRegion
    presenter = Presenter(configuration)
  File "zipdir\NL\GUI\Presenter\Presenter.py", line 180, in __init__
  File "zipdir\NL\GUI\Presenter\Presenter.py", line 260, in setConfiguration
  File "zipdir\NL\GUI\Presenter\Presenter.py", line 279, in _init
  File "zipdir\NL\GUI\Presenter\Presenter.py", line 1552, in spatialRegions
  File "zipdir\NL\GUI\Presenter\Presenter.py", line 2451, in baseConfigurations
  File "zipdir\NL\CommonConcepts\Configurations\BaseProbeConfiguration.py", line 726, in _transverselyRepeatedElectrodes
  File "zipdir\NL\CommonConcepts\Configurations\BaseProbeConfiguration.py", line 726, in <listcomp>
  File "zipdir\NL\CommonConcepts\Configurations\BaseProbeConfiguration.py", line 838, in _repeatElectrode
  File "zipdir\NL\CommonConcepts\Configurations\BulkConfiguration.py", line 1459, in repeat
  File "zipdir\NL\CommonConcepts\Configurations\AtomicConfiguration.py", line 1988, in setMetallicRegions
NL.ComputerScienceUtilities.Exceptions.NLValueError: All metallic regions must have a value that is compatible with Volt

Offline mlee

• QuantumATK Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Getting error message while converting from bulk to device
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 17:49 »
I think it includes a bug to convert device from bulk. Because it works surface from bulk without doping state.
However I found the solution to convert the device from your bulk model. Can you remove all doping and spatial region in the bulk? Then convert device from bulk. It will work. After that, split into the electrode and central region. In the central region, add the doping and spatial region. At last, convert device from bulk. If you have in trouble, let me know about it.

Offline mashru

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 16:49 »
Thanks for your help. Itried the way you told me step by step,  but unfortunately i  am getting the same error.

Offline Pieter Vancraeyveld

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 09:13 »
You have discovered a bug in the Q-2019.12 version of QuantumATK that has been fixed for the upcoming R-2020.09 release.

As a workaround, you can select the option 'Set up electrode cross-section as a supercell' in the 'Device from Bulk' widget as indicated in the attached screenshot.

Offline mashru

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 5, 2020, 14:38 »
Hi Pieter,

The error appears wen i clicked into the device from bulk widget. Now the problem is severe that i cannot even open the widget.

Offline Pieter Vancraeyveld

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 7, 2020, 14:21 »
You can create your device configuration by pasting the following code snippet at the bottom of the script that defines your bulk configuration:
Code
from NL.CommonConcepts.Configurations.DeviceFromBulk import deviceFromBulk, findBothElectrodeLengths
device_configuration = deviceFromBulk(
    electrode_lengths=findBothElectrodeLengths(bulk_configuration) * Angstrom,
    bulk_configuration=bulk_configuration,
    enable_minimal_electrodes=True,
    enable_transverse_electrode_repetitions=False,
)
The issue in Nanolab will be resolved in the R-2020.09 release scheduled for September 8.