Author Topic: QuantumATK-R-2020.09:JobManager does not start  (Read 1920 times)

Offline karolina

• New QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
QuantumATK-R-2020.09:JobManager does not start
« on: October 1, 2020, 13:41 »
I have encountered strange problem with launching JobManager in QuantumATK-R-2020.09 which was working normally up to now.  I am not able to open the Job Manager from the left menu nor send prepared input from Script Generator to the Job Manager. As I checked, this error appears in all projects including example project.

I am getting the following error message:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "zipdir/NL/GUI/MainWindow/MainWindow.py", line 1011, in jobManager
  File "zipdir/NL/GUI/MainWindow/MainWindow.py", line 1026, in jobManagerReference
  File "zipdir/NL/GUI/MainWindow/MainWindow.py", line 1043, in singletonTool
  File "zipdir/NL/GUI/Tools/JobManager/JobManager.py", line 272, in __init__
  File "zipdir/NL/GUI/Tools/JobManager/JobManager.py", line 454, in loadSettings
  File "zipdir/NL/GUI/Tools/JobManager/JobManager.py", line 491, in loadSettingsPre2019_12
TypeError: argument of type 'int' is not iterable

Offline karolina

• New QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Re: QuantumATK-R-2020.09:JobManager does not start
« Reply #1 on: October 1, 2020, 14:10 »
I solved the problem by removing two files from '.vnl/job_manager_2020.09' : 'state.hdf5' and 'machines.hdf5'  (I am not sure which was causing the problem) However, this removes all history of previous jobs. The restored Job Manager does not show any jobs that were run before.

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
Re: QuantumATK-R-2020.09:JobManager does not start
« Reply #2 on: October 2, 2020, 20:38 »
The 2020.09 version is supposed to be able to recover from corrupt files; yes, you would still lose the old jobs but at least the Job Manager should start without you having to delete the files. So it's a pity if this didn't work, thus it would be interesting to have access to these files, if it happens again.