Author Topic: calculation electron affinity of graphene  (Read 2394 times)

Offline paramjot

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
calculation electron affinity of graphene
« on: March 11, 2020, 19:28 »
Hi! I want to calculate electron affinity of  analyte adsorbed graphene monolayer . Can anyone tell me what is accurate way to do so.
thnks

Offline nisreen

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Re: calculation electron affinity of graphene
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 14:09 »
Hey sir, did you find the answer to your question? I'm facing the same issue here

Offline Petr Khomyakov

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: calculation electron affinity of graphene
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 14:47 »
Work function of a free-standing or supported graphene monolayer can be calculated as done, e.g., in PHYSICAL REVIEW B 79, 195425 (2009). For accurate calculations, I would suggest using DFT-PlaneWaveCalculator with PseudoDojo pseudopotential and mixed Neumann-Dirichlet boundary conditions in the out-of-graphene-plane direction.

Note that you should make sure that your DFT-PW calculations are converged with respect to wave function cutoff and k-point sampling in the in-plane directions.

You may also find extra information on work function calculations at the following tutorial, https://docs.quantumatk.com/tutorials/work_function_ag_100/work_function_ag_100.html. There is one important difference when using LCAO (tutorial) and PW (present suggestion) basis sets. When using PW basis set one does not need any ghost atoms, as often required for LCAO-based work function calculations.