Author Topic: LiH2 voltage drop  (Read 11702 times)

Offline Sabrina

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
LiH2 voltage drop
« on: November 27, 2010, 03:17 »
Hi
 I have calculated potential about the Li_H2 chain, but I can not get the reasonable result. The potential abrupt changed at the right electrode edge. This puzzle me several weeks, what problem happened?

Offline ugglebot

• View Profile
LiH2 voltage drop
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 13:19 »
You probably just made a small mistake. But since you don't share any details, like the scripts you are running, it's impossible to figure out.

Offline Sabrina

• View Profile
Re: LiH2 voltage drop
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 14:29 »
You probably just made a small mistake. But since you don't share any details, like the scripts you are running, it's impossible to figure out.

There are my scripts.  :D

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 10:18 »
Have a look at your coordinates, it seems they have been shifted slightly (weird decimals), so you don't have a nice periodicity close to the right electrode. This introduces a scattering center, causing the voltage to drop, precisely as you obtain. The coordinates should also be ordered in Z, while yours are ordered quite randomly...

Offline Sabrina

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 6, 2010, 09:18 »
Have a look at your coordinates, it seems they have been shifted slightly (weird decimals), so you don't have a nice periodicity close to the right electrode. This introduces a scattering center, causing the voltage to drop, precisely as you obtain. The coordinates should also be ordered in Z, while yours are ordered quite randomly...

I have rewrited the script in according to the manu, but I still get the same result as before .

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
« Reply #5 on: December 6, 2010, 16:09 »
This is very different from your first post, and with ATK 2008.10, that's as good as it gets.

Offline Sabrina

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 7, 2010, 08:38 »
This is very different from your first post, and with ATK 2008.10, that's as good as it gets.

Thank you for your reply.
I add
electrode_voltages = (-0.05,0.05)*Volt in script.
 I am puzzled that there ocurred the voltage drop in the two electrodes. Dosen't voltage gently changed in both electrodes?