Author Topic: Job manager failed on Win10  (Read 1428 times)

Offline beauyy

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Job manager failed on Win10
« on: September 9, 2022, 06:01 »
I installed QuantumATK 2018.06 on Win10 professional. All structures can not be shown in Builder and Viewer. They can only be shown in low-performance mode. When I enlarged the GUI, the buttons on the top were out of the screen and thus hard to be rescaled. The largest problen is: When I opened Job manager, the software quited immediately.   On Win7, everything goes well. What is the problem? How can I deal with it?
« Last Edit: September 9, 2022, 06:16 by beauyy »

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
Re: Job manager failed on Win10
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2022, 00:20 »
Know error, fixed in newer versions. You should be able to recover by removing the Job Manager files from the .vnl directory in your user profile dir. I don't recall the names of the files as I don't have this old version installed, but it's something like jobs.hdf5 (best to rename them rather than delete, in case you attack the wrong file).

Offline beauyy

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2022, 06:10 »
I've tried as your guide. The job manager setting is removed. But if I want to send job on remote, the same remote setting should be saved in job manager. Then the software still quits again. Is there any method to solve this problem in this old version?

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 21:41 »
Did you remove all hdf5 files, like state.hdf5 also? Maybe also try removing machines.hdf5