Author Topic: Executable error when loading Preferences.py file  (Read 1870 times)

Offline AdrianOlejnik

• New QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Executable error when loading Preferences.py file
« on: September 29, 2022, 11:17 »
Hello,

I have recently stumbled upon a problem with launching GUI of ATK-T SP-1 (2022.03) on Windows 10.
When I launch executable, an error message is printed as follows:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "zipdir\NL\GUI\Main\Main.py", line 245, in main
  File "zipdir\NL\GUI\Preferences\Preferences.py", line 128, in loadSettings
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '\x00'

If I understand correctly, there is an error with Preferences.py file, where an input for int() is not a number, yet some other quantity.
The problem began after a crash of the Windows system from reasons not connected to the ATK itself and presumably, changing the Preferences.py file would be sufficient to solve the issue. My problem is, I cannot find this Preferences.py file anywhere on the hard disk. In particular, I don't really understand the directory "zipdir". Which zip?

Do You have any idea how to reach this Preferences.py file manually or resolve the problem any other way?

The problem is strictly with GUI - atkpython.exe in cmd runs perfectly fine.
The problem is independent on the version of ATK (i tried R,S and T versions)

I'd be grateful for any help,
Adrian

Offline filipr

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Heavy QuantumATK user
  • QuantumATK developer
    • View Profile
Re: Executable error when loading Preferences.py file
« Reply #1 on: October 4, 2022, 09:49 »
Did you enable software rendering when installing QuantumATK? Can you show us the content of the file ~/.vnl/software-rendering (Linux) or C:\Users\<USER>\.vnl\software-rendering (Windows)?

The file Preferences.py is part of the QuantumATK source code which is not part of the installed program and thus not accessible to users. The problem is not due to a problem in that file, but because it tries to read a number from a settings file which is likely corrupted.