Author Topic: how to build the graphene nanoribbons?  (Read 3262 times)

Offline artingchen

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
how to build the graphene nanoribbons?
« on: June 23, 2010, 04:35 »
Hi,
I want to build the graphene nanoribbons. So I download the graphene_ribbon.py file from the http://quantumwise.com. However, when I drug it into the VNL, It does not work. can anyone details the method of building the graphene nanoribbons? Thank you !

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
Re: how to build the graphene nanoribbons?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 07:17 »
That script only works for VNL 2008.10 (and you need to look inside it and edit the details). In 2010.02 and 10.8, there is a built-in ribbon builder as part of the "Custom" builders.

Offline artingchen

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 09:27 »
That script only works for VNL 2008.10 (and you need to look inside it and edit the details). In 2010.02 and 10.8, there is a built-in ribbon builder as part of the "Custom" builders.
Dear Blom,

I am using the VNL-2008.10, It is doesn't work ! I will try it agian. thank you !

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 09:39 »
In 2008.10, the way to use the script is to drop it on the Builder, for instance. However, to make the kind of ribbon you want, you should change the parameters. If you just downloaded it, and dropped it directly, and it failed, probably the script got messed up somehow. Try to follow the tutorial, and if you fail at some point, let us know in more detail what you do, and how it fails, otherwise we cannot really help.

Offline artingchen

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 10:54 »
In 2008.10, the way to use the script is to drop it on the Builder, for instance. However, to make the kind of ribbon you want, you should change the parameters. If you just downloaded it, and dropped it directly, and it failed, probably the script got messed up somehow. Try to follow the tutorial, and if you fail at some point, let us know in more detail what you do, and how it fails, otherwise we cannot really help.
Ok, It works, Thank you Doc.Blom.