Author Topic: Can't run script in 2015  (Read 1840 times)

Offline adkins.99

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Can't run script in 2015
« on: December 10, 2015, 11:35 »
Whenever I try to run any script in 2015 version it fails. I attached the script to optimize the super cell like in the thin film tutorial. If I open the script I attached, send to job manager, save to a folder (automatically asks me to save), it fails. The log file is blank, there's no error message. I tried the script on one of the 2014 versions and it worked, but when I try in 2015 it fails instantly with no error message.  ???

« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 11:37 by adkins.99 »

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
Re: Can't run script in 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 15:14 »
The script is not the problem. Probably you have multiple "machines" in your 2015 Job Manager, perhaps one of them refers to the rc1 or rc2 versions? Clean up those, and make sure you run the Local machine corresponding to the version of VNL you use.

And there must be an error message, at least the job should say "failed", and you can place the mouse over the label "Failed" and get some more details (not always so many more, however).

For more help, please provide a few more details, incl. screenshots.

Offline adkins.99

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Re: Can't run script in 2015
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 06:52 »
Ok, there were two machines, I deleted the second one (2015.1), but it still fails whenever I run a script.

And yes, it does say "fail." What I meant is there are no further details when I put the cursor over "failed."  It just says "local job executed with error,"

Edit: Nevermind, I got it to work. I just had to select the Local (2015.1) machine  ::).

« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 07:08 by adkins.99 »