Author Topic: Resuming calculation  (Read 1476 times)

Offline karn

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Resuming calculation
« on: December 11, 2014, 11:57 »
Hi, I wanted to calculate I-V characteristic at diff. biases (0,0.1,0.2,....,1.2 V) for a two-terminal device. I was running this simulation on cluster and it,due to some reason, got killed when it was in the middle of the convergence process at the last bias point(1.2 V). Now I have been through one tutorial on this and other posts(most of which pertain to old versions) on this forum and frankly speaking i am a noob in Quantumwise so pardon me if it comes across as very basic stuff. In my log file, it shows Checkpoint file location in tmp folder but when i tried to locate it, i couldn't find it. For the record, it has been 15 days since the job got killed on cluster. So could someone please explain the whole resuming process in a little detail?

Offline Umberto Martinez

• Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Resuming calculation
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 16:09 »
Which tutorial did you run through and what you did not get exactly?

If you have run the IVCurve analysis and you have set the SCF configurations file you can easily continue from where it stops.
Check IVCurve here and later on the Post analysis of finite-bias calculations section.

Probably you did not find the file because the tmp directory has been cleaned. You should check with your sysadmin.