Author Topic: Clarification how to calculate the current  (Read 2180 times)

Offline sayedmesa

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Clarification how to calculate the current
« on: November 4, 2010, 16:17 »
Dear All,
I use VNL 2008.1 windows and I have not much experience with it.Although I have read the tutorial but still some point are ambiguous to me. I want to calculate the current at 0.5, 1 and 1.5 volt for two probe system in separate jobs. What I do is the following:

1- Firstly I calculate the transmission spectrum (range: -3 to 3 eV) at zero voltage and save it as checkpoint file, for example "Trans.nc". By the way, I choose only Transmission spectrum in the "ANALYSIS" section, Am I right?
2-After the first step finished, I restore "Trans.nc" then set the voltage of left electrode= 0.5 volt and the right electrode=zero volt to make bias=0.5 volt. Then I choose only "Current" in the ANALYSIS section.
And so on.
1-My question is this scenario valid?
2- Should I recalculate the transmission spectrum at 0.5 volt to calculate the current at the same value?   
Thanks in advance
Sayed

Offline zh

• QuantumATK Support
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Clarification how to calculate the current
« Reply #1 on: November 5, 2010, 05:09 »
Basically, your steps is reasonable to calculate only the current at a given voltage. On the other words, to calculate the current at a given voltage, the "transmission spectrum" chosen in the "ANALYSIS" section is not compulsory.