Author Topic: The error about repeating previous PRL result.  (Read 11705 times)

Offline kstokbro

• Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumWise
Re: The error about repeating previous PRL result.
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2011, 23:57 »
We are working on trying to find a pseudopotential and basis for you, but it might be a little delayed since we are also busy finalizing the release.

Offline postnikov

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2011, 03:37 »
We are working on trying to find a pseudopotential and basis for you, but it might be a little delayed since we are also busy finalizing the release.

No problem!

Thank all of you for your work!

Offline kstokbro

• View Profile
    • QuantumWise
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 23:14 »
please find attached a gga semicore pseudopotentials for Vanadium
it is from M. Krack, see Theor. Chem. Acc. 114, 145 (2005) and converted to the upf format. There is also an example of how to setup the basis set.

The inclusion of semicore  states gives a large difference for the gga calculations for the present system. As you can see in the attached
the momen on V is 1.25, and the total moment of the molecule is  0.99.

We plan to include all the pseudo potentials from the above paper in the final release of ATK11.8, i.e. an additional set of  semi-core and only valence pseudo potentials for LDA and GGA.

Offline postnikov

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2011, 04:01 »
it is from M. Krack, see Theor. Chem. Acc. 114, 145 (2005) and converted to the upf format. There is also an example of how to setup the basis set.

The inclusion of semicore  states gives a large difference for the gga calculations for the present system. As you can see in the attached

We plan to include all the pseudo potentials from the above paper in the final release of ATK11.8, i.e. an additional set of  semi-core and only valence pseudo potentials for LDA and GGA.

Thank all of you for your hard work!

Offline postnikov

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2011, 04:21 »

kstokbro, thank you for your work very much.
However, in our group the used atk version is 2008.10, so could you provide me the corresponding basis for the atk 2008.10?
Thank again!

Offline kstokbro

• View Profile
    • QuantumWise
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2011, 10:08 »
ATK2008.10 is no longer supported, and I strongly recommend upgrading to the latest version.
The latest version is better in all respects, accuracy, convergence, ease of user, number of features.

You can get a free trial version of the latest version and test it for 30 days and upgrade by paying a maintainance fee.

I see that I attached wrong input and output files, please find the correct below.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 10:17 by kstokbro »

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2011, 10:45 »
I have turned this discussion into a mini-tutorial, showing how to reproduce the results from the article with ATK 11.8: http://quantumwise.com/publications/tutorials/mini-tutorials/141.