Author Topic: how to view the LDOS in VNL clearly  (Read 2754 times)

Offline njuxyh

• QuantumATK Guru
    • View Profile
how to view the LDOS in VNL clearly
« on: January 5, 2011, 06:17 »
hi ,everyone here
i want to have a look at the LDOS in VNL, but the picture has some problem. my structure is a slab and in  yz plane, there the ldos was plot like that (see my attached),the ldos was plot in cell, therefore, for a atom in yz plane, its ldos is slit two part, one is around yz plane,another is in the other side of the unit cell(the period condition in x direction). so it is not convenient for me to see.  i repeat the ldos in x direction( see also my attached ), i can get a full ldos around yz plane, but if i see perpendicular to the yz( i think it is the best angle) ,the image of ldos does exit, so would you tell me how to solve this problem?

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
Re: how to view the LDOS in VNL clearly
« Reply #1 on: January 5, 2011, 10:24 »
I'm not sure I understand the problem :)

"The image does exit", what does this mean? Is the problem to find a good angle, or somehow VNL crashes when you try to set the angle you want?

Offline njuxyh

• QuantumATK Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 5, 2011, 11:10 »
we can see the periodic image of ldos in the picture, the ldos is repeated in x direction . so if i see along x direction, the repeated ldos prevents me seeing clearly the atom slab in yz plane as well as ldos.
my question is is there anty way to  locate  the ldos only in the yz plane where the atoms exsit. not like the first fig, the ldos is spilted by two part because of the periodic condition. as i know, in other softeware, we can determine the position of ldos plotting.   

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
« Reply #3 on: January 5, 2011, 11:19 »
You have used an isosurface plot, which by definition has no adjustable position. If you try a contour plane instead, you may find what you are looking for.