Author Topic: Can we optimize a portion of atoms along certain directions in ATK.2015?  (Read 2580 times)

Offline wot19920302

• QuantumATK Guru
    • View Profile
Dear Quantumwise staffs:
           Should we optimize the part of atoms in the system along the certain direction in ATK.2015?  For example: there are 5 atoms in the system, numbered by 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.  I just want t o relax atom 1, 2  along the x, y direction and keep z fixed. Other atoms also keep fixed.  How do I do that?
Best

Offline Petr Khomyakov

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
I think you are to decide which atoms need to be optimized or fixed in your system. You may fix atoms in the Optimization settings by selecting those atoms you want to keep at their fixed atomic positions. 

Offline wot19920302

• QuantumATK Guru
    • View Profile
thanks for your reply :D.  But in VNL (ver.2015), it seems there is no option for optimizing or fixing some atoms of the system along particular directions (shown in fig1). For example, the structure contains 6 atoms numbered by 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, respectively. I want to optimize atom 1 and atom 3 along the x direction,keeping the others fixed. Can I do it using VNL-ATK 2015?   How do I modify the input script to realize it :o?

by the way,  I want to request a license for academics from this link: https://quantumwise.com/free-trial/free-vnl. But It  still doesn't work. The trial license has been out of date.  How do I request licenses?

Best

Offline wot19920302

• QuantumATK Guru
    • View Profile
can anyone help me, please? ???

Offline Petr Khomyakov

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
Please contact support@quantumwise.com, also consult this page for more details on licensing, https://docs.quantumwise.com/guides/InstallationGuides/licensing_new.html#obtain.

Offline wot19920302

• QuantumATK Guru
    • View Profile
thank you, i will try :-*