Author Topic: Zero Band GAp Graphene Schottky diode  (Read 10281 times)

Offline MobiNaz

• New QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Zero Band GAp Graphene Schottky diode
« on: March 17, 2011, 05:38 »
Hi all,

I am a new user of this forum and Graphene. I am after a schottky diode with zero band gap  or zero turn on voltage. I have come across a model of diode fabricated using a structure similar to FET- Graphene [1].

BAnd gap can be controlled by width of the ribbon as in [2]. A width of around 184 nm would give me around 0.001eV band gap ~ 0 eV. So if I use the same model with ribbon around 200 nm wide and 2 micrometer in L , will i be able to get the required diode. What else should I consider in developing the diode?

Am I thinking in the right direction? Is there any Schottiky diode Graphene manufacturer?

Thanks for your help in advance.

References:

1. Kargar, A.;   Chengkuo Lee;   "Graphene nanoribbon schottky diodes using asymmetric contacts"

2. Han, M. Y. , Ozyilmaz, B. Et al. (2007). “Energy band gap engineering of graphene nanoribbons.” PHYSICAL REVIEW L 98, 206805

Offline zh

• Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Zero Band GAp Graphene Schottky diode
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 15:35 »
I think that you can at first refer to the scientific publications on graphene using ATK, i.e.g, http://quantumwise.com/documents/ATK_Publication_List.html, especially for those studies on graphene:
Kai-Tak Lam & Gengchiau Liang, Computational Study on the Performance Comparison of Monolayer and Bilayer Zigzag Graphene Nanoribbon FETs, IWCE-13: 2009 13th International Workshop On Computational Electronics, 1-3 .

The model with a graphene ribbon of 200 nm in width is too wide to do the first-principles calculations. Since the band gap of bulk graphene (infinite graphene sheet)  is zero, you may consider a FET consisting of the bulk graphene by means of periodicity, rather than the graphene ribbon.