Author Topic: calculated result of p-n diode  (Read 1756 times)

Offline anshul12

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
calculated result of p-n diode
« on: September 23, 2012, 06:48 »
Dear ATK team,
 i have calculated the result of p-n diode in f-b mode. i have some doubt related the result of  p-n diode  diff. bais please see below

p-n diode ------ I-V CHARCRISTIC IN DIFF. BIAS

CASE -1 --------- 0.2V( LEFT ELECTRODE 0.1V, RIGHT ELECTRODE -0.1)
                       3.4105na (approx)
CASE-2-----------0.2V (0.2V, -0.2V)
                         5.45na APPROX
CASE -3-------------0.6V(0.3V,-0.3V)
                            7.38 na APPROX
CASE-4--------------0.8V(0.4V,-0.4V)
                             9.14 na APPROX
CASE-5--------------1.0(0.5V,-0.5V)
                               11.2 na APPROX
CASE-6--------------1.2(0.6V,-0.6V)
                            13.27 na APPROX
CASE-7---------------1.4(0.7V,-0.7V)
                              15.62 na APPROX

1    My Question is ,-------------- pn diode forward bias char. ( current is initially linear  after reaches the 0.6 approx( knee voltage )     current is suddenly  raised but in that case o have confused ......... please suggest me this correct or not  current value of different bias
                                                     please send me valuable answer of this question bcos it''s important for me????

2. these  current value are generated at temperature 300k but if i calculated the current at 80k what i can do , i have already change the value  of 300k to 100 k but i have not seen any change in current ........
                                                         please respond me ASAP
3. I am using atk 12.2.0 version , please tell me how i  can calculated of band gap , dynamic capacitance of p-n diode  . i know that these answer are already posted on forum but when these all python script( band gap, dynamic capacitance) was  opening  in  ATK 12.2.0  , i have seen that error after that these file not open in atk12.2.0 . please suggest me what i can do.????????????

Offline zh

• QuantumATK Support
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: calculated result of p-n diode
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 14:18 »
For the 2nd question,   the temperature in the simulation is applied on the electrons, not including the lattice.  The change of temperature may weakly affect the electron conductance because the simulation is  based on the ballistic transport.  In the realistic device, the temperature may significantly affect the phonon scattering to the electron transport. However, such effects are not taken into account in the present simulations. Therefore, the temperature dependence of the simulated current would be quite weak.